A lipstick can either make or break your entire look. It is not easy to find the best lipstick that goes perfectly with your aesthetics. As the beauty community is becoming more inclusive, finding the perfect lipstick for each and every skin tone is possible. Choosing the best lipstick, however, is not an easy task, which is more of a reason to check out PrettyKind’s best liquid lipstick collection that is extremely long-lasting.
How to choose the best shade for you?
Choosing lipstick is the most difficult part of looking beautiful. When it comes to makeup, adding lipstick makes quite a huge difference. To make it easier, here are some tips that will help you find your best shade.
- Determining your skin tone is the first step in choosing the best lipstick. There are five types of basic skin complexion: fair, light, medium, tan and deep.
- The second step is to know your skin undertone which can be either cool, warm, or neutral. For this, you can check the veins on your wrist, if your veins are blue, you have a cool undertone and if they are green, you have a warm undertone.
- Understanding your lip shape is the next step. Determining the lip’s shape gives you a way to apply colour to your lips.
- The fourth step is to keep in mind the size of the lips as applying flashy colours on thin lips can make them look even thinner.
- Your hair colour also plays a huge role in choosing the best shade of lipstick for you.
- Use the colour of your eye as a palette to choose your lip shade. If you have brown eyes, you can go for bright reds and browns while if you have blue, use colours like cherry and scarlet.
What are the different types of lipsticks?
Lipsticks have existed since centuries ago. Mostly the colour of flowers and vegetables was used to apply lipstick. Over the last few centuries, lipsticks have evolved from there to more types of lipsticks that are mentioned below:
- Sheer or Satin: Ultra thin to give the lips some juicy plumpness.
- Creamy: Lies between satin and matte, is much easier to apply, and has a little more coverage.
- Matte: A powerful formula that has a staying power and a high pigmentation.
- Lip Stains: Long-wearing yet super-light to apply.
- Glossy: Provides a sticky thickness to your lips that makes them look wet or glass-like.
- Liquid: this is the most used type of lipstick as it is long wear and waterproof and could be matte or glossy, depending on your choice. For such all-day lipsticks, you can check out PrettyKind’s makeup brand.
Tips to choose your long-wear lipstick
Liquid lipsticks are quite long-wear and waterproof for a long day of meetings or for a date night. Truth be told, it can magically make you look more appealing. To choose your long-lasting liquid lipstick, here are some tips on what colour would go best with your skin undertone.
- Cool undertone
- Go for a shade or two darker than your natural lip colour.
- Look for hues of blue or purple undertone.
- You can go for shades of pink and cherry red.
Avoid using an orange base as it can make your face look dull.
- Warm undertone
- Darker shades go best with warm undertones.
- You can check for deep berries and reds. PrettyKind makeup brands have some amazing all-day liquid lipsticks in these beautiful shades. Do check them out.
- If you are a nudes person, look for some in golden tones that will brighten up your features.
Stay away from blue undertones.
- Neutral undertone
- Glosses work really well on neutral undertone people.
- Look for shades from both pink and golden undertones.
- For fair skin, go for pinks while mauve for medium skin along with berry for deep skin tones.
To be able to choose a lipstick that is comfortable and suits you might be a task, but we hope this blog has helped you with the basics and made it easier for you to pick the best lipsticks for your skin tone and undertone. Try it for yourself.