Frizz is always a nuisance, no matter your colour or texture. From red to gray frizzy hair, frizzy hair is undoubtedly one of the most common—and annoying—problems. It can be caused by many things, like humidity, damaged hair strands, and even overwashing your hair. Fortunately for us all, there are several things you can do to say goodbye to frizzy hair in just five minutes!
What Causes Hair Frizz?
Before we identify straightforward home remedies for dry, frizzy hair, let’s explore what causes it to occur in the first place.
Regardless of your hair type, the humidity will always affect it. Unfortunately, too much moisture can cause locks to swell up and become frizzy. Straight or curly, wavy or not - humidity is a force that cannot be escaped!
Lack of moisture
Frizz is a common issue for all hair types, but especially curly due to the curl pattern’s shape preventing natural oils from traveling along them. Unfortunately, even straight-haired folks don’t escape this pesky problem - if your tresses are deficient in natural moisture and oil, they will become dry and frizzy.
It doesn’t matter what your hair type is; one misstep we make that can cause frizz is washing our hair with hot water. The heat drains the natural oils and mangles cuticles, leaving your hair dry, brittle, and prone to breakage.
Washing Hair Too Often
If cold water is your preference, but you still experience frizziness, it could be due to the frequency of washing your hair. Shampooing too often can lead to dryness and even the tearing of individual strands.
Being Too Rough With Styling Tools
It’s time to face the facts: heat and hair don’t mix. You might think that using a blow dryer for five minutes is helping you get ready in no time or that skipping out on proper heat-styling techniques won’t leave your locks fried - but it will! Heat strips away natural oils, leaving brittle, damaged strands instead of soft and healthy locks.
Vigorous hair drying
Stop using a coarse towel or heat-drying your hair, as the harsh treatment can cause breakage. In its most fragile stage, when wet, participating in vigorous drying will only worsen matters and create more fizziness.
How to Reduce Frizz in Straight Hair
Do you have dry, frizzy hair that won’t cooperate? Put an end to unruly locks with these easy tips!
- Refrain from over-washing - unless your hair is exceptionally oily, it should be all right to cleanse only every few days when you opt out of shampooing; condition as a substitute to maintain hydrated and nourished hair!
- Combat oiliness between washes with dry shampoo! This convenient product absorbs excess oils for a fresh look without drying your hair.
- To keep your frizzy hair straight and smooth, select a frizz-fighting leave-in conditioner specifically designed for straight hair. These products will help protect against flyaways while maintaining the desired look of sleekness.
- Take extra special care with your flat iron. You can use it to get smooth, straight strands while fighting off split ends and flyaways - but always remember that excessive heat will damage the cuticle of your hair! Please set the temperature of your flat iron at its lowest level, preferably no higher than 300 degrees; also, apply a heat-protecting spray before using it for an added layer of protection against burning.
What to do About Frizzy Gray Hair
As you age, the natural tone of your hair will transition to gray. This is due to decreased sebum production, which causes it to become dry and brittle. Unfortunately for many, you may get frizzy gray hair over time.
- To keep split ends away, you should schedule a trim every six to eight weeks. The ends of your hair do not get the natural oils that other strands receive and might become dry or brittle if left alone for too long. Regular trims will help protect them from further damage and reduce frizzy hair.
- Search for natural shampoos for a gentle and healthy approach to your hair care.
- Additionally, conditioners and masks containing plant oils such as shea butter, argan oil, jojoba oil, and coconut oil are excellent ways to moisturize the strands while reducing frizz.
- Be mindful when selecting products since many can contain harsh ingredients such as alcohol or SLS, which can cause dryness in the scalp.
How to Diffuse Curly Hair Without Frizz
- Air Dry Your Hair for 10-30 Minutes
Allowing your curls to soak up the products and naturally fall into shape is essential for a perfect curl. Experiment with different drying times, depending on your available time, to discover which works best for you!
2. Set the Diffuser
Getting the perfect curls is all about finding that ideal heat setting. Even though a diffuser can give you focused airflow, it’s still possible to overheat your hair and induce frizz if you’re not careful. So instead, use high heat with low blow settings before finishing up by giving yourself a quick blast of cold air to set them in place. When done correctly, this simple technique will have your locks looking amazing!
3. Use Hair Oil
Give your curls some additional affection after diffusing by utilizing a hair oil to seal in moisture. Then, gently glide the product from mid-shaft to ends for added shine and smoothness, But don’t brush it through your curl pattern!
How to Get Frizz Out of Human Hair Wig
Properly Wash Your Wig
Washing the wig is super easy and helps get rid of the fizziness. Take a wide-toothed comb to get rid of the knots and tangles gently.
Put the wig in a sink filled with cold water and rinse it after 5 minutes. Apply a wig-friendly shampoo on the hair strands. Run your fingers down the strands to remove any tangles.
Apply conditioner to moisturize the wig and rinse the wig again so That there are no chances of product buildup. Then take a soft, dry towel to remove excess water lightly.
PrettyKind is the perfect solution for all your natural hair care needs. Our natural, plant-based products are designed to nourish, protect, and style your hair while keeping it safe from damage caused by heat styling tools. No matter your hair or wig type, our Frizz-Be-Gone Lavender Leave-In Conditioner will help keep your hair looking and feeling beautiful. Try PrettyKind today to give your hair and wigs the care they deserve!